Middle School & High School
The NIS Middle and High School departments are focused on guiding our scholars through their academic requirements, while developing lifelong learners that are able to navigate an ever-changing, interdependent global society.
Teachers tailor their training to students’ needs, ensuring that all learning styles and levels are met.
Middle School students are provided with opportunities to develop their core academics, and are also exposed to the Arts, Music, Business, Physical Education, and Social Studies, as well as French and Arabic. Our teachers provide ongoing support to students as they develop their critical thinking skills with a variety of student-centered instructional methods.
High School students are provided with opportunities to experience a variety of courses that appeal to their educational interests. Teachers, at the High School level, facilitate students’ learning by exposing them to a variety of educational experiences in and outside the classroom, both within the UAE as well as internationally. Our students are encouraged to try new experiences.
Parents are encouraged to be active participants and are given opportunities to engage with our Counseling Department as students progress through NIS. Parents are always kept up-to-date with their children’s progress, as well as upcoming events and important dates.
Internships enable our older students to experience the world of work before graduating. It is the goal of NIS to have a true triangle of support for all scholars to ensure their academic success.
NIS offers a breadth of courses and electives to our high school students.
- English Language Arts (Required in Grades 9, 10, 11, and 12)
- Biology (available as an AP course)
- Chemistry (available as an AP course)
- Physics (available as an AP course)
- Web Design
- Computer Science Coding 1 (C++ Programming)
- Physical Education
- French 1
- French 2
- Integrated Math 1 and Integrated Math 1 Honors
- Integrated Math 2 and Integrated Math 2 Honors
- Integrated Math 3 and Integrated Math 3 Honors
- Calculus (available as an AP course)
- Advanced Mathematical Decision Making
- Islamic A/Islamic B
- International Relations
- Psychology (available as an AP course)
- Music Composition
- Music Theory
- Art Foundations
- Art History
- Economics 1
- Accounting 1
- Marketing and Business Studies