Special Education Needs (SEN) Provision
Nibras International School welcomes students of all abilities. The school has a SEN department to support students who may have special needs at admission, or indeed at different points in their schooling.
The SEN department responds to students’ individual needs:
- Tier 1: this is for students who experience general learning difficulty. The SEN department provides targeted resources and support to the class/homeroom teacher.
- Tier 2: if support does not result in progress, the student will be observed and assessed by the SEN Department. Recommendations may be made to the parents to have the child externally assessed by a KHDA approved provider. Students identified as Tier 2 may receive in-class support from an SEN teacher.
- Tier 3: this support is for students who have difficulty coping in a regular mainstream class setting and who require 1:1 support of a shadow teacher.
What’s unique about SEN at Nibras?
- We have a “Trial Morning” Admission procedure for KG that gives the student a chance to adjust to the school, and for the school to identify any modifications that may be beneficial for that student.
- Our different levels of support, and Individualized Education Plans.
- Accommodation and Modifications tailored to the individual needs of the student.
- Specialized in-class support.
- Our variety of qualitative and quantitative assessment methods to monitor performance.
- Training and support to shadow teachers.
- Open-door policy for Parents where they can walk in anytime without a prior appointment.